Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Come Down the Rabbit Hole.

Going into the walk-through set. Isabella and Bianca (us bloggers) lead the way into the magical adventure.



The flowers would actualy blink and breathe! What?!?!?

This doesn't need a caption Hopfully we all know this is the hat that adorns the Mad Hatter's head!


The work of art we are all dyeing to see on Sir Johnny Depp.



Goodness! The most beautiful Tea Party table in the world!



mmm yummy...




Alice's enchanting and whimsicall dress.

All Photos Taken by Bianca Valle
What in the name of tea cups and saucers is going on? you may ask. Well, let me asist you. During the summer, Isabella and I attended the wonderous and world famous (i think) Comic-Con Convention in San Diego, 2009! We danced our way around the convention hall viewing wonderful hand-made trinkets, masses of comic books, grown men dressed as Anime creatures they wish they were, and "Alice and Wonderland" seekers.

As many of us do, I really enjoy the whole "Twilight" scene. That's what lured me into spending the night on the crunchy, cold grass outside of "Hall H" - along with another one thousand Twihards - to earn a spot in the front row during the New Moon panel where the live cast would answer questions from the audience. However I shall save all those bloody detailes for a later date:)> (attempt at vampire smiley)

While waiting for the cast of New Moon to show their lovely faces, we got to see numerous previews of upcoming movies! Whoop! This is when the magic and tea cups started flying. They debuted the "Alice in Wonderland" movie trailer which literally made me pee my pants. To make the experience even better, they played it three more times. However, I think Tim Burton (the movie's director there in flesh and blood and with a head of unrulie curls), personally cued the repetition of the trailer, did that for strategic purposes because "someone" was terribly late ... naughty. That "someone" was the one and only god of being-any-character-thrust-upon-him ... JOHNNY DEPP! The crowd roared with screams (myself, yes, i shed a tear. What are you going to do?) He made his stay very brief. He waved, bowed, smiled and left the stage. What?! I know. It's OK, at least he came right? Anyhow, after this episode, a little voice said on the overcom "My children, don't forget to follow (Twitter name I don't remember) on Twitter to be invited to a very important date" (this was said in a little female Cockney English accent:)) I followed it, and in about twenty minutes there was a tweet saying "please come to the Mad Hater tea party at (address given)". LET'S GO!

Outside of a vacant restaurant in downtown San Diego, there was an enormous, and I mean huge, "Alice in Wonderland" sign. When we approached the building, a sweet lady handed us a key and said, "Hello, and welcome. You are about to experience the artistry and inspiration of Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" in theatres March 5th." Yet again I peed my pants. We walked in, and their was a massive wooden door accompanied by flourishing ferns. We pushed it open, and went down the rabbit whole! That led us to a walk-through set of the movie, complete with all of the characters' costumes all the way down to the bottles that Alice drinks out of. There were glass cases filled with props from the movie. I believe the thing I remember the most was that the Queen of Hearts shoes were a size 5. That means they could fit me ... four years ago! Our guide lead us through three rooms. The first one was where Alice first is in the movie and she drinks the famous "DRINK ME" bottles. Then we scampered off to the tea party set. I couldn't even believe how beautifully that was set up. After that, that last room, was a mixture of the Ice Queen and Queen of Hearts sets with their costumes and props in the appropriate places.
This opportunity was so marvelous and unexpected it made me want to see the movie one hundred times more! I hope every one gets a chance to see it when it releases March 5!


11 comments :

Iulia Romana said...

Oh gosh,that's so amazing ! Lucky you.I can't wait to see the movie !

Anonymous said...

WOW! What an amazing experience! And your writing is fabulous!! Kept me interested all the way through :)

X.x.

twocoathangers.blogspot.com

twocoathangers Vintage Store HERE

Camilla said...

Looks awesome.
Camilla

INTOTHEFOLDFASHION.BLOGSPOT.COM

daisychain said...

Oh goodness, how lucky are you?!

Hope Chella said...

These pictures are awesome...and AHEM, you met Christian Siriano? He is my favorite Project Runway contestant AND winner of all time. I remember by episode 2 my decision was made that if he didn't win I would cry. It was a lot of emotions for Thursday nights HAHA :)

http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

Victoria Jin said...

Ahhh i cannot wait! It's going to be awesome :)

xx

Indie_bindi said...

Oh my god you are so lucky to have gone and seen this! I just adore that hat!

indiebindigirl.blogspot.com

I'm kind of newish on blogspot so i'm prowling around. ;]

Marnie said...

These are great!
x

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT
youre a lucky girl
thanks for sharing
love the blog, keep it up

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

A Gluten Freestyle said...

Wow. Amazing photos. I'd loved to have gone there!
x

Kitty said...

That looks amazing! http://kittysbigmouthstrikesagain.blogspot.com/